Sunday, February 16, 2014

Week 5: Assignments pouring in and the quest to find free toilets.

If there was one thing I forgot to expect, it was the assignments I had to do. Having fun was so enjoyable that I forgot that this was an exchange and I have to do assignments. :( Hahaha. Oh well. It is also a good way of training my time management. I had to do a report on my trip up to Jamtland last week and I have exams next week. X.X I also have a seminar to prepare for. Hahaha.

On the other hand, I finally did my resident permit in Norrköping. It was a quaint little town, but I think I have grown to love Linköping more. Hahaha.


When I went back to Linköping, almost all the snow melted. :(


Cheapest meal outside ever. 9 sek! Only $1.80 hahaha.


With sauce!



My ice cream!


Realised that they updated the list in the building. Heh heh. For once, my (sur)name is the shortest.



Typical breakfast with strawberries! :)


Fika! With Vanessa and Fion. We had green bean soup, Vanessa's cupcakes and kex and digestive biscuits.


I love eating salmon. <3


Yay to getting letters! My first unofficial mail from Qinglin. Thanks <3


Name from Vanessa from Gothenburg, and the heart from Qinglin. I koped the lanyard from the school and the whistle from the Singapore Police from eons ago. Just in case people abduct me. HAHAHA.


Cooking pasta.



Pasta with emmental cheese. I prefer gouda though!


Breakfast again!


Pasta again!


Aglio Olio! Hahaha, my meals are getting repetitive. 


Granola again!


Made Honey Joys for Vanessa and the guys before the go to Poland since they will be missing the Valentine's day Fika!


Pizza night with Fion's French corridor mate!


Breakfast and lunch for the trip to Norrökping. Avocadoooo was on offer and I grabbed it! HEHEHE.


Norrökping!


Cool water body in the middle of the city! The yellow building is a museum! I wanna visit it next time!


The school campus in Norrökping. Also the only place with free toilets. :( I cannot believe that you must pay for the toilets in the library. What is that? :(


 Finally, the migration centre. I forgot to bring my passport. Thank god they allowed me to use my IC. He estimated my height to be 165cm! I was happy, then I realise I had my boots on. Sketchers boots are really high. Hahaha. Darn.


Lunch time!


99 sek, but shared amongst 3 people. Was not too bad. The fries were awesome!


Statue of a very important person. Hmmm.


No more snow left. Only have a small pile at the sides.


Very impressive building. No idea what it is though!


Another picture of the impressive building.


Another pretty building!


Their street lights here are hang in the middle. Funny right!


Lines for the trams.


Suspicious looking person in the shopping mall. Hahaha. Just kidding. It's my friend, but she has her coat so high and her cap so low she looks suspicious.

Central area where there were a lot of trams.


Cool building!


We had to rush to catch the bus. We walked to the other end and phew! We caught the bus just. on. time.


Dam looking thing in front of the school.


The silly signboard made us do a detour to find the tourist office. >:(


Still frozen canal/lake/river.


A lot of mandarin ducks here. I wonder if they migrated from Asia!


Pasta #5


Pasta again! I figured that emmental cheese is not that bad when you put it below the sauce! It becomes stringy like mozzarella!


Cornflake cookies which everyone commented tasted like scones. Hahaha. Lucky Sweden only pass/fail. So pass! Still a little sad it did not turn out as planned though.


Florentine! Not my type of cookie, but it is a new method of baking I have never tried before!


Fika at my side! First time organising a gathering. Hahaha.


The wonderful view of myself from my bed. Haha.


For the first time in a very long time, I broke my egg yolk. :( Reason for breakage? I was too lazy to put more water in the pot! :(


Aglio Olio, my way!


On Sunday, Peiyi and I decided to cycle to Skaggetorp to find the supermarket there. The place had the Malaysian vibes. Hmmm.


The side entrance we used!


Me, the 2kg chicken leg, and the place we went. Hahaha.


Dinner that night was with Fion. I ate my usual, and Fion had hers.

This week was relatively normal compared to last week, but next week is going to be more boring :( Exams are coming and I need to prepare for the exams. Exams on Saturday at 0800 in the morning. I am afraid I cannot wake up. Hahaha. :(

My herbs after one month! Coriander and growing well, but it is not standing up straight! So weird! Basil is doing very very well, thyme is okay. Looks a little malnutritioned and Ion.....I just slaughtered him to make my dumplings. Hahaha. RIP Ion. May you grow again. I love you. Hahaha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment